Call for Proposals
We are pleased to announce Call for Proposals is now open.
The Australian Council for Computers in Education and the organising committee invite proposals for papers and presentations from F-12, preservice and tertiary educators, faculty and research students.
Authors are encouraged to address the conference theme – ImpaCT.
Refereed and non-refereed contributions are invited for the tracks and session types listed below. All proposals must be submitted online no later than Thursday, 12 April 2018.
Strand 1 – High Impact Teaching
This theme aligns with practice, processes and resources that promote the best learning experiences possible for students. Explore the role of digital technologies in supporting educators developing students’ learning, problem-solving, critical-thinking, creativity and collaboration abilities.
Strand 2 – Leading for Impact
Leadership drives the individuals that make up any educational organisation. This theme acknowledges the importance of engaging people, creating a shared vision and helping people to believe in that vision. The value of research, data, digital technologies, and how these elements can drive decisions that impact school culture and quality are recognised. This theme’s focus is building capacity for effective leadership, excellent practice and sound policy.
Strand 3 – Redefining Impact
This theme focuses on illustrations of innovation and creativity in learning contexts that may redefine how we measure impact. The pursuit of excellence in education necessitates that thinking around the positive ImpaCT to student outcomes is continuously challenged. What is positive impact in education contexts and how do we know when it happens?
PRESENTATION FORMATS AND GUIDELINES
The conference will accept proposals for the following presentation formats:
- Refereed (research) paper
- Non-refereed paper
- Participate and share presentation
- Workshop (explore and create)
- Snapshot (short presentation)
- Industry finesse / Vendor presentation
All proposals are to be submitted adhering to the proposal submission guidelines and official paper template.
SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL
To submit a proposal, please click on the Speakers’ Portal button below.
You can access the Speakers’ Portal until the submission deadline to view your submitted proposals.
Please note the Speakers’ Portal will only operate on Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer Version 9 and above.
- All proposals will be reviewed by the Program Committee, who reserve the right to accept or reject any submissions.
- The Program Committee may, based on the proposals received and the program, propose a different format to that indicated during submission.
- It is a requirement that presenters whose proposal has been accepted and who wish to present their paper must register to attend the conference.
- At least one author of the accepted proposal is expected to attend and present at the conference.
- The acceptance of a proposal does not imply provision of travel, accommodation or registration for the conference, nor any other costs associated with preparation or presentation of the abstract, or attendance at the conference.
Friday, 30 March 2018
Thursday, 12 April 2018
Friday, 1 June 2018
Friday, 29 June 2018
Friday, 29 June 2018
Monday, 10 September 2018
Authors advised of acceptance (refereed research paper)
Proposal submissions close (other presentation formats)
Authors advised of acceptance (other presentation formats)
Revised version for proceedings (refereed research paper)
Full paper for proceedings (other presentation formats)
Authors advised of acceptance (snapshot presentations)
* Please note the above dates are subject to change without prior notice.
Have a Question?
Queries relating to the Call for Proposals can be directed to the Program Manager at +61 2 9368 1200 or by email to email@example.com.